Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SIDETRACKED IN SEWING LAND

Having a bit of difficulty getting this to show the detail of the vest. But here it is buttoned and finished and I am loving it. The side fastening is also shown below. Love that unusual finish.

I also got very excited and started making myself a dress based on something I spied in a fashion magazine. (Above)
I have been in love with that colour pink as long as I can remember and I had a flash of inspiration to incorporate a skirt that I have had since 1985 which is a silk designer thingie and I have never been able to part with it. So I found the perfect hot pink silk chiffon and I am off and away. I already had a pattern very similar to the style in the book(Simplicity 4996) - which is really just a fancy sort of shift. Alls I had to do was make the skirt straighter and add a pleat insert (in this case, my designer skirt fabric).
I also shortened the width of the shoulders. I am thinking of possibly putting a few little pink roses on the base of the neck maybe as the bodice of the dress I have cut out of the designer silk. I have included for your viewing pleasure a pic of the front of the skirt with the inserted pleat.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

arlee said...

My kind of pink too :} Guess what we call it in the flower mines????

Midge said...

fUCK ME pINK!!!?????