Friday, August 24, 2007

Hello hello hello



Hello World

This is my journal, day One. I am going to seriously try to give this a go and post as often as I can. I will spend time over the next few days writing a bit about myself. Primarily, I want to use this journal as a way to explore textile art which is a bit of a passion for me, even though I am almost completely self taught, a relative newcomer and consider I have lots and lots to learn - even at the advanced age of 57! Well, feeling as if I have dipped my toe in the water now, I might just see how I go at adding some photos I took today as I walked to the shopping centre. I live in Western Australia and I think it is safe to say that we are embarking on Spring even though it is technically still Winter (God I hate Winter). Here goes - well bit of a small boo boo, I added same pic twice, but at least I get it now. Aren't the bottlebrush great. I'm mentally wrestling with reproducing them, sort of along the lines of making fringing I'm currently thinking.
Hoping to see my daughter Nat and her eldest son, Dylan (2) tomorrow as they are both unwell and on antibiotics. I am such a sooky la la when it comes to my grandsons, I cry when they are upset or sick! Kids have a remarkable ability to get so so sick so quickly and then bounce back twice as fast with twice as much energy, but I guess a lot of recent publicity in Perth about littlies dieing with flu complications this year has made me quite a worry wart. As Scarlett says, though, tomorrow is another day ..........

No comments: